How to Care for a Human Hair Wig
1. Protect the wig from an oily appearance by keeping your own hair clean. Besides washing your own hair, you may also wear a wig cap under the human hair wig.
2. Wash the human hair wig infrequently; wear it for about 4~6 time between washings. However, if it begins looking oily or dirty, then decrease the wearing time between washings.
3. Remove tangles from the human hair wigs before washing. Use a wig pick for a curly/wavy human hair wig or a wig brush for a straight human hair wig. Carefully comb/brush via the tangles.
4. Fill a sink with lukewarm water and add the wig shampoo. Soak the wig for 5 minutes in the soapy water. Gently squeeze out excess water. Rinse properly in lukewarm water.
5. Put the wig back again in the sink. Pour shampoo in your hand and lightly massage down the wig. Be careful, not to overdo the massage. Rinse well in lukewarm water.
6. Pour conditioner in your hand; the amount will depend upon the bottle’s directions. Massage it into the real hair wigs and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Rinse nicely in lukewarm water. Gently squeeze out excess water.
7. Put the wig in a towel and blot gently to towel dry. Place the human hair wig on the wig stand to air dry. If you need to wear it soon, the human hair made wig could be dried with a blow dryer set on low.
8.Comb or brush gently through the wig. Style using hot rollers or curling metal or Velcro rollers. Set with a wig spray or mild hairspray.
Tips & Warnings
1. If you don’t have a local human hair wig, store, you can order wig treatment provides on-line at places.
2. If you do not have access to wig products, human hair wigs may be washed with gentle, low-soap shampoo which include shampoos for colored hair along with a mild conditioner.
3. Use washings to verify the wig to determine if any locks are loose and have to be repaired.
4. Do not comb, brush or set a wet wig.
5. Do not use a brush on the dry curly wig – it will frizz.